Thank you for visiting the Iclips.net website. Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used at Iclips.net.
* The kinds of Personal Information we collect from users of the ICLIPS Network and how that information is collected;
* How we use your Personal Information;
* The circumstances under which we disclose Personal Information to third parties;
* How you can access, update or delete any Personal Information collected about you by us; and
* The mechanisms we have implemented to protect your Personal Information.
GENERAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
The ICLIPS Network is designed and targeted to United States ("U.S.") audiences and is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of "U.S." We make no representation that the ICLIPS Network is operated in accordance with the laws or regulations or is governed by other nations. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the U.S. and you use the ICLIPS Network, you do so at your own risk and initiative and you, not us, are responsible for compliance with all of the laws and regulations that apply to you. Please be aware that any Personal Information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of the ICLIPS Network, will be transferred to the U.S and subject to U.S. law. By using the ICLIPS Network, participating in any ICLIPS Network activities and/or providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to the transfer and processing of Personal Information to the U.S. and in other countries that may not have an equivalent level of protection or a level of data protection considered adequate in the European Union or European Economic Area. Consequently you hereby waive any claims that may arise under the laws and regulations that apply to you in or of any other country or jurisdiction.
1. Collection and Use of Personal Information:
When we use the term "Personal Information" we mean personally identifiable information such as your first/middle initial or name and last name, street address, town or city, state, zip code, telephone number, instant-messenger nickname, blog or other personal website URL, date of birth, e-mail address and any other information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you. Personal Information also includes information about your personal preferences, survey responses and your transactions or relationship with us, if you have been a customer or you have provided this type of information to ICLIPS. We collect Personal Information about you when you visit the ICLIPS Network and when you input information, whether you are registering to use any services, features or functions of the ICLIPS Network, participating in promotions, or in the course of any other exchanges of information, transactions and activities. We may use the information we obtain from you, including Personal Information, to tailor your experience on the ICLIPS Network, to display Content we think may be of interest to you, or to let us customize what you see when you visit the ICLIPS Network according to your preferences.
We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit the ICLIPS Network such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows 98 or Mac OS), and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g. America Online, Earthlink).
It is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information and to keep the Personal Information that you provide to us up to date. We cannot and will not be responsible for any problems or liability that may arise if you do not give us accurate, truthful or complete information or you fail to update the information you give us.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your user name and password and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not us, are solely responsible and liable for your activity, behavior, use and conduct on the ICLIPS Network and for any use of the website or any other activity or conduct in connection with the ICLIPS Network, by any others who use your user name or password, unless and until you notify us that your user name or password may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken, or used by another party. Bear in mind that when you submit information to us, it does not guarantee that we will permit you to use any or all of the features of functions of the ICLIPS Network.
a. During Registration. When you register with the ICLIPS Network, you are required to provide us with your e-mail address, as well as additional Personal Information. We will allow you to change the password portion of your User ID, as well as certain other Personal Information you have given us in order to keep your information current. As a registered user of the ICLIPS Network, from time to time, we may also provide you with certain options to opt-in to subscribe to e-mail newsletters and other periodic information. You will also have the right to opt-out or change your preferences at any time by logging in with your User ID and changing the settings in your account or you can opt-out or unsubscribe to particular e-mail communications by responding to that e-mail and using the 'unsubscribe' or opt-out procedure included in that communication.
* Keeping count of your return visits to the ICLIPS Network or our Advertisers' or partners' sites;
* Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the ICLIPS Network;
* Determining which features users like best; and
* Saving your User ID or other information so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit the ICLIPS Network.
Although we may track the numbers of visitors to inform us on how best to improve and update the ICLIPS Network and enhance the experience for all visitors, Personal Information is not extracted in this process. We use tracking information on an aggregated basis to help us operate the ICLIPS Network, enhance and improve our service, improve the look of the ICLIPS Network and display advertising and marketing information.
Disclosure to Third Parties: We do not sell, rent, lease or disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated entities or entities that are not our Advertisers, except in the limited circumstances listed below. When we plan to disclose your Personal Information to Advertisers, we ask you to opt-in to do so, in which case their use of your information is subject to the Advertisers' own privacy policies. We may disclose Personal Information to Affiliates for marketing or administrative purposes (for opt-out procedures, please see Section 1a above).
c. Operational Service Providers.We also have the right to disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining ICLIPS Network services, features, functions and operations. We will refer to these third parties as "operational service providers" and we use operational service providers to efficiently provide the full range of Content and the services, features and functions we bring you and we request that our operational service providers also protect your privacy and not disclose your Personal Information to third party marketers that are not associated with the ICLIPS Network. Additionally, such operational service providers are not permitted to use your Personal Information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
d. Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties.We will make your Personal Information available to non-affiliated third parties in the following limited circumstances:
* When we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process);
* If, in our sole discretion, we believe such disclosure to be necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, to protect our business and assets, to defend our interests and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; or
* In the event of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, transfer of control, joint venture or other business combination involving us.
2. Security & Protection of Personal Information: We maintain reasonable standards of security and confidentiality. However, for most Internet sites, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We also limit access to the ICLIPS Network by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes. We request that our service providers follow the same policy.
3. Review, Update or Delete Your Personal Information: Please notify ICLIPS should any of your information pertinent to ICLIPS change.
We reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any user, including, without limitation, a registered user of any services, features or functions of the ICLIPS Network, if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access any services, features or functions of the ICLIPS Network. If the burden or expense of providing access to your Personal Information is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or if the legitimate rights of others would be violated, we may decide not to provide access to such information. In such cases, we will provide to you an explanation of why access cannot be provided and a contact person for further inquiries.
4. Chat Rooms, Journals and WebLogs, Message Boards, Classifieds and Public Forums:
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post public information to Journals, WebLogs, Message Boards, Classifieds or any other Public Forums that that information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by those people to send you unsolicited communications.
Our Commitment to Security: Iclips.com member accounts are secured by member-created passwords Iclips.com takes precautions to insure that member account information is kept private. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. We have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your Personal Information. For any additional information about the security measures we use on iclips.net, please contact us at email@example.com